The Idaho Department of Labor (IDOL) would like to assist employers and claimants impacted by COVID-19. The IDOL offers services to employers online and by phone. Please review the below IDOL resources.
- FAQs for employers about unemployment insurance and COVI-19
- U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour guidance
- Information about tax relief for employers from the IRS
- Low-interest economic disaster loans at the Small Business Administration website
- Resources from the Idaho Department of Commerce
- Idaho Small Business Development Center
Also, Idaho’s governor approved of a proclamation which will provide some relief for employers and job seekers. One provision is that during the state of emergency, employer unemployment tax accounts will not be charged when their associates are laid off due to COVID-19.
Our office will monitor COVID-19 updates closely and will send out additional announcements as we become aware of any these updates. You can also review these updates on our website at http://covid19.thomas-and-company.com/covid-19/ too.
Please reach out to your representative with any questions.