Pennsylvania’s governor signed a new law into effect which requires employers to provide notification of the availability of unemployment benefits to associates at the time of separation from employment. The notification can be downloaded in English or Spanish on the state’s website. Employers must complete this notification and follow the below guidelines:
- Employers must provide this notification to each associate when they separate or have reduced hours.
- Employers must deliver this notification individually to employees.
- Employers may choose their delivery method, including in-person, mail, email, or text message.
- Employers are required to provide this notification even if a closing or separation is unexpected.
- Employers must be aware that regular postings about unemployment benefits do not meet the new state requirement.
The state advises that this notification is also used to provide accurate information for when associates file unemployment claims. Delays, incorrect determinations, or an increased tax rate could occur if inaccurate information is provided on a claim. This notification can help employers reduce inaccurate claims and charges to their account. Employers may contact the state via email at LI,BUCB-UIEMPCHARGE@pa.gov or by phone at (833) 728-2367 for any questions.
Our office will monitor COVID-19 updates closely and will send out additional announcements as we become aware of any updates. You can also review these updates on our website at https://www.thomas-and-company.com/covid-19/ too.
Please reach out to your representative with any questions.