The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provided guidance concerning individuals’ continued eligibility for unemployment benefits should they refuse rehire. The state advised that the below reasons are acceptable reasons for refusing suitable work:
Reason for refusal:
- Individual who is considered high risk
- Household member is considered high risk
- Individuals is diagnosed with COVID-19 by a source authorized by the state and not yet recovered
- Household member is diagnosed with COVID-19 by a source authorized by the state and not yet recovered
- Individual is currently in a 14-day quarantine due to close-contact exposure to COVID-19
- Child’s school or daycare is closed and no alternatives are available
The state will review other situations on a case-by-case basis.
Our office will monitor COVID-19 updates closely and will send out additional announcements as we become aware of any updates. You can also review these updates on our website at https://www.thomas-and-company.com/covid-19/ too.
Please reach out to your representative with any questions.