The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) advises that employers will be protected from chargebacks should their associates separate due to COVID-19. To assist the state, they recommend that employers provide the following information to their associates:
- Benefits are available to associates who are unemployment and who meet the requirements of state eligibility laws.
- Claims may be filed for the first week that employment ends or work hours reduce.
- Claims may be filed online at https://www.twc.texas.gov/ or by phone at (800) 939-6631 from Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm.
- Applicants will need to provide the following information on their claim:
- Full legal name
- Social Security number
- Authorization to work (if not a US citizen or resident)
The state requires employers to post notices about associates’ ability to file for benefits. The state updated their poster, which can be found at https://www.twc.texas.gov/businesses/posters-workplace.
Our office will monitor COVID-19 updates closely and will send out additional announcements as we become aware of any updates. You can also review these updates on our website at http://www.thomas-and-company.com/covid-19/ too.
Please reach out to your representative with any questions.