The Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims report for the week ending January 9, 2021 has been released by the Department of Labor.
- Seasonally adjusted initial claims: 965,000
- 4 week moving average: 834,250
- Seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate: 3.7%
- Seasonally adjusted insured unemployment number: 5,271,000
- 4-week moving average: 5,215,750
- Number of unadjusted claims: 1,151,015
- Unadjusted insured unemployment rate: 4.1%
- Unadjusted number claiming UI benefits: 5,856,230
The full news release report can be downloaded here.